1. You must be aged 18 years or over to participate in this event or 14 with parent consent.
2. You must be under 23 stone in weight and you must enter the event
under your own name. You may not change places with another person
without seeking permission from SBH Scotland at least 10 days prior to
3. All participants enter this event entirely at their own risk and
SBH Scotland shall not be liable for any injury of loss that might occur
as a result of your participation.
4. SBH Scotland takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of
injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent
risk assessment process in place for each and every event which aims to
minimise the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in
this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or
circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If
you have any concerns or queries please contact us before agreeing to
take part in this event.
5. All participants must abide by any rules, instructions and
regulations provided in advance, displayed or given on the day by SBH
Scotland staff and contracted agencies, police and officials.
6. In return for a guaranteed place on a SBH Scotland fundraising
event, you must pay SBH Scotland the stated registration fee (which is
refundable only in the unusual circumstances that an event has been
cancelled by SBH Scotland) and commit to raising £120 donation, should
you not reach this requirement you will be responsible to pay the
remainder. The stated target sponsorship level excludes gift aid on
7. Should you have to withdraw, there will be no refund payable to
you as your sponsorship was raised for charitable purposes. All sponsor
forms and monies should be forwarded to the charity or returned to the
8. Any monies raised in connection with a Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus
Scotland (SBH Scotland) event must be passed to SBH Scotland.
If you want to raise additional money offline we can offer paper
sponsor forms (available from our Fundraising Team on 03455 211 600).
Any funds you have raised offline can be paid directly to the charity in 3 ways:
1) Send a cheque made payable to SBH Scotland to Spina Bifida
Hydrocephalus Scotland, The Dan Young Building, 6 Craighalbert Way,
Cumbernauld, G68 0LS.
2) Pay through online banking.
SBH Scotland bank details are Sort Code: 83-51-00 | Account No: 00267510
3) Pay via your credit or debit card. Call us on 03455 211 600 to make a payment.
9. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in
an SBH Scotland event should take medical advice from a general
practitioner prior to the event. It is your responsibility to ensure
that you are medically fit to participate and it is extremely important
that you are realistic and truthful about your capabilities and level of
10. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for
their names and any footage or photographs taken during their
participation in a SBH Scotland event to be used to publicise our work,
including television broadcasts.
11. Participants' supporters and family members who spectate at
events do so entirely at their own risk and SBH Scotland shall not be
liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their
attendance other than as a result of SBH Scotland?s negligence.
12. All transfers to and from the venue are at the participant's own expense.
13. SBH Scotland may need to cancel an event or withdraw a place and
then only your registration fees will be refunded. If payment from your
sponsors is conditional on your completing the event then they will be
repaid. SBH Scotland has no other liability to you in respect of the