1. You must be aged 18 years or over to participate in this event or 16 with parent consent.
2. You must be under 22.8 stone in weight and you must enter the event under your own name. You may not change places with another person without seeking permission from SBH Scotland at least 10 days prior to the event. If you cancel within 14 days of the event you will be liable for a £35 cancellation fee as your place will have already been paid for.
3. All participants enter this event entirely at their own risk and SBH Scotland shall not be liable for any injury of loss that might occur as a result of your participation.
4. SBH Scotland takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for each and every event which aims to minimise the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact us before agreeing to take part in this event.
5. All participants must abide by any rules, instructions and regulations provided in advance, displayed or given on the day by SBH Scotland staff and contracted agencies, police and officials.
6. In return for a guaranteed place on a SBH Scotland fundraising event, you must pay SBH Scotland the stated registration fee (which is refundable only in the unusual circumstances that an event has been cancelled by SBH Scotland) and commit to raising £120 donation, should you not reach this requirement you will be responsible to pay the remainder. The stated target sponsorship level excludes gift aid on sponsorship.
7. Should you have to withdraw, there will be no refund payable to you as your sponsorship was raised for charitable purposes. All sponsor forms and monies should be forwarded to the charity or returned to the sponsors.
8. Any monies raised in connection with a Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Scotland (SBH Scotland) event must be passed to SBH Scotland.
If you want to raise additional money offline we can offer paper sponsor forms (available from our Fundraising Team on 03455 211 600).
Any funds you have raised offline can be paid directly to the charity in 3 ways:
i) Send a cheque made payable to SBH Scotland to Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Scotland, The Dan Young Building, 6 Craighalbert Way, Cumbernauld, G68 0LS.
ii) Pay through online banking. Contact 03455 211 600 for our bank details.
iii) Pay via your credit or debit card. Call us on 03455 211 600 to make a payment.
9. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in an SBH Scotland event should take medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically fit to participate and it is extremely important that you are realistic and truthful about your capabilities and level of experience.
10. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation in a SBH Scotland event to be used to publicise our work, including television broadcasts.
11. Participants' supporters and family members who spectate at events do so entirely at their own risk and SBH Scotland shall not be liable for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of their attendance other than as a result of SBH Scotland?s negligence.
12. All transfers to and from the venue are at the participant's own expense.
13. SBH Scotland may need to cancel an event or withdraw a place and then only your registration fees will be refunded. If payment from your sponsors is conditional on your completing the event then they will be repaid. SBH Scotland has no other liability to you in respect of the fundraising event.