Have A Go
As part of our commitment to giving young people with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus the very best start in life we’ve launched ‘Have A Go’. This project, for zero to five year olds, is about finding ways to boost children's development through movement, communication and play. At the same time we hope to enrich the connections and enjoyment between parent/carers and their child.
Play and the relationships with the people who play with them, are a rich source of security and learning for young children. We look beyond the condition(s) and focus on all the positive aspects of ‘being a kid’ that can make life rich and rewarding.
- ‘Being a kid’ is about getting to grips with the surrounding world and the people in it.
- ‘Being a kid’ is also about having fun!
We want to look at ways of communicating and playing with babies, toddlers and young children, to actively pursue progress in their development. Research tells us that being nurtured and encouraged, and having many and varied experiences, is linked to more positive outcomes later in life. What better way to achieve these goals than by having fun with someone who cares?
- We arrive with knowledge, experience and resources that, added to your own, make a winning formula for your child.
- We have fun as we play and learn together.
- We leave you, knowing that your child has progressed and that you have the tools and the confidence to keep it going and face future challenges
To find out how you can be involved in this project please contact Nancy Little via Email
We acknowledge the support of the Scottish Government through a CYPFEIF and ALEC Fund Grant.