Sessional Support Worker(s) West of Scotland
Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus (SBH) Scotland are running more groups and outings than ever before so, this is a really exciting time to get involved and help us provide a great experience for our members.
Sessional Support Workers
- West of Scotland (Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Ayrshire and Arran, Western Isles, Dumfries and Galloway, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley)
- Zero Hours Contract paid at £12.23 per hour. Plus travel expenses paid.
- Flexible working hours - Daytime, Evening and Weekend work will be available.
SBH Scotland is looking for experienced, reliable Sessional Support Workers to assist our children, young people, adults and families in a variety of settings. Reporting to the West Team Leads, our Sessional Support Workers will be helping to run engaging activities or social/support groups.
As a Sessional Support Worker you will be required to work out with normal office hours depending on the activity or event. The postholder(s) will be required to attend groups in the West of Scotland. Currently the majority of groups, which include coffee catch ups, pre-school groups and youth groups through to family support groups, take place in our family support centre, The Dan Young Building in Dullatur, North Lanarkshire. However other outings do take place during the year across Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Ayrshire and Arran, Western Isles, Dumfries and Galloway, Lanarkshire, Forth Valley areas.
We can’t wait to hear from you if you are a great communicator, love interacting with people, are resourceful, enthusiastic and have a ‘can do’ approach to work.
- You’ll also need a relevant qualification to a minimum of SVQ3/4 or relevant knowledge / experience and have experience of working with people with additional needs.
- Own car and a full driving licence is essential.