Positive Mental Health - What you can do for you
In order to deal with isolation and social distancing, SBH Scotland are creating a series of mental health films for SBH Scotland members. The important thing is to make sure you have the tools to maintain and improve upon your own wellbeing. You are in charge.
Over the course of the series, we will look at topics ranging from worry to agitation; we will talk about what these feelings are, how we can deal with them, including some exercises that can be used to cope.
What does mental health mean?
We all have some level of mental health – just like we all have some level of physical health. Being mentally healthy means:
- feeling good about who we are as an individual
- being able to build and maintain positive relationships with the people around us
- managing our feelings, good and bad, rather than our feelings managing us
- feeling optimistic about the future
You may also be interested in:
- 'Looking after yourself during the Coronavirus' from the Mental Health Foundation.
- 'Self Help and Wellbeing' from the Scottish Association of Mental Health
If you're a member of SBH Scotland and you would like to talk to one of our support workers or find out more about upcoming workshops please call us on 03455 211 300 Monday to Friday 9-5 or email us. We're here to listen.
Outwith our office hours the following services are available to listen to you.
Breathing Space is a free, confidential phone and web based service for people in Scotland experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety