Be All You Can Be - Glasgow and surrounding areas
Be All You Can Be project provides Play And Learning Support (PALs) Workers throughout Glasgow and surrounding areas to families who have a child affected by spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus. The PALs provide the opportunity for individualised and tailored support.
The project supports children from birth to 8 years old providing an early years play and learning support package specific to your child.
The PALs make weekly visits to support the children either in home, hospital or in their educational/nursery surroundings. Children are also invited to the BAYCB playscheme run regularly at our centre in Cumbernauld as well as the west coast family groups.
- Provide a safe, happy and caring play and learning environment for children
- Ensure that all children can access high quality learning and development resources
- Ensure that children and parents feel valued, respected and included
- Provide opportunities for parents to meet, network and sahre knowledge within family groups
- Assess children's learning and development needs using Scottish Government education guidelines and policy
- Offer practical support and advisory services to parents and children
- Offer play and learning opportunities indoors, at home and in the local environment
- Support children's transitions to nursery and school
- Offer continuous professional development training to Early Years Practitioners
If you or your child would benefit from this project please contact Vikki on 03455 211 300 or email Vikki directly.