Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Scotland (SBH Scotland) is calling on talented Scots to help save the organisation with a virtual fundraising event. To help raise vital funds, SBH Scotland will host its first virtual event ‘Sunday Night Social - Live’ on Sunday 07 June and is now looking for the people of Scotland to take part in a featured talent show.
The event will be hosted by renowned entertainer and Britain’s Got Talent finalist Edward Reid via video link and London west end star, John Mclarnon, will also be on hand to entertain on the evening.
Those aged 16 and above (or under 16s if performing with a larger group which includes over 16s) are being encouraged to send in films of themselves performing their talents, whether its singing, dancing, acrobatics, stand-up or more. Those chosen to feature in the show will have an excerpt of their audition shown at the start of the show. Then it's up to the public to vote via a text message that will donate £1 to the charity! The winning audition will receive a Prize Voucher, their audition will be shown in full at the end of the show and they will go on to win the chance of performing at one of SBH Scotland's big social events when they start again in 2021!
To send your audition to us...
- Auditions should be no longer than 4 minutes.
- Please film your audition in landscape format (ie with your phone on it's side. Normal way up if using a standard camera)
- Please use the highest resolution your phone or camera has.
- Email us your full name(s), ages and town you're from. Please make sure you have permission from everyone involved to send the content in to us.
- Please state your name at the start of the audition film.
- Please don't attach the file directly into an email as it will be too big. Instead you can either store files you want to share on a cloud storage service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive then share the link with us via email. Alternatively use a large file sending service such as WeTransfer and make sure to email to email@example.com. Please send all links to your downloads to our email.
- You agree to abide by SBH Scotland's terms and conditions
Deborah Roe, fundraising director at SBH Scotland said: “The cancellation of fundraising events across the country has had a devastating impact on the third sector. At SBH Scotland we receive little statutory support and the challenge ahead of us is incredibly difficult.
“Life in lockdown can be unsettling for everyone, especially for those who require extra support in their day-to-day lives. Our Sunday Night Social is about getting together – albeit virtually – and having a good time, whilst also helping our staff and volunteers continue to provide support to those who need it most.
“This event is the first in what we hope can be a series of monthly get-togethers. We've taken the excitement, entertainment and production values of our large scale events and taken them online for the ultimate Sunday night in. We know that there are some exceptionally talented people in Scotland who will be looking to show off their skills and this event will be the perfect forum for that. So, please join us by sending in videos of your talents, no matter how silly or funny they are!”